28 February, 2010

Hedgehogs

I found out last week that I've been chosen to give an Ignite talk about information processing in biological systems. I considered talking specifically about just 1 aspect of that processing, like receptor signaling, but found that this was far too involved for the format. Instead, I've decided to try to explain the entire Central Dogma of Molecular Biology to an audience of about 500 people in 5min with 20 slides that auto-advance every 15s. I've been working heavily on my slides, because each one has to be optimized for its content in this format.

And, because I'm ornery stubborn I decided to paint many of my slides by hand with watercolors. Here's Sonic Hedgehog:


This is going down this coming Thursday, March 4th, at 7p. It'll be live-streamed, so I'll post a link as soon as I have one.

No comments: