05 August, 2007

Car

While I am still very much pissed off about the House of Representative's failure to take meaningful action on CAFE standards for the auto industry, I would like to, in the meanwhile, suggest that auto makers try a different tack. For the past several years, Detroit has been focused on making cooler-looking cars with cooler gadgets and more cupholders. Instead, why not add actual content-based value to a car?

For example, I would very much like my car to be more like my dog. I would like to be able to walk outside and call for my car "Here, Betty!" and have it come to me, like a good dog. I would like to be able to tell my car "Fetch groceries!" and have it go do that for me. I wouldn't even mind if the car insisted on cleaning itself, although rolling over would present a bit of a problem.

No comments: